WBI Consulting Group Inc. is a private immigration and business service firm providing immigration advice & representation, and is not affiliated with the Canadian Government. All decisions for granting a visa remain with the relevant Government Authority subject to the applicant lodging a valid application and meeting the relevant criteria. If you do not wish to obtain immigration advice or representation you can make your application directly to relevant government authority without paying any additional fees.
Personal Information The information collected from Clients is required in order to provide the personalized immigration-related Services and to improve our services at WBI Immigration and Business Services.
Information You Give Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. If you choose not to provide certain information this may affect the level of Service you receive.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses WBI Immigration.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide information such as the country and region you are accessing our website from, duration of your visit, etc.
Collection, Use and Disclosure
We only collect personal information necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Personal Information collected will be used for purposes such as for accounting purposes, customer care programmes and to identify suitable visas and relevant information for individuals. In fulfilling these purposes we may use your personal information to keep you up to date on products and services, include you in newsletters and invitations to WBI events. Your personal information will not be sold to anyone. We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can divulge the identity of our clients. We share customer information only as described below:
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments, and providing customer service; fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links). They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of WBI’s customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of WBI and Others: We release account and other personal information when collection is required by law or when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
WBI Consulting Group Inc. may use and disclose the Client’s (and if applicable, their family’s) personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose and in other circumstances authorized by the Act. In general, WBI will disclose the Client’s personal information with expressed or implied consent for the following purposes:
- to conduct their business, including billing and account management;
- to provide and market their Services;
- to communicate with the Client;
- to comply with their legal obligations; and
- to help them manage and improve their Services
WBI may disclose the Client’s personal or sensitive information (as defined in the Privacy Act):
- to regulatory authorities;
- where the law requires us to do so; and
- where the Client consents for us to do so
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Our customer information is stored in high capacity servers located in a state-of-the-art data centre which boasts the following security measures:
- Security Guards are on duty to monitor all access points to the building.
- Security cameras continually monitor the entire facility.
- Monitored alarms on all ingress points.
- Card access technology tracks and records all door entry and exit transactions.
- All visitors are required to be identified with Photographic Identification, and are escorted by staff at all times.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Anonymity and Consequences
The provision of your personal information is voluntary, but if this information is not provided we may not be able to carry out our functions and activities.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, WBI, are not responsible for the accuracy or the privacy practices of other such sites. We encourage our clients to be aware that when they leave our site, they should read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects identifiable personal information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected on this web site.
Legal Information Disclaimer
This site has been prepared to provide general information only and does not constitute legal advice. Transmission of information is not intended to create an agent/client relationship between the sender and receiver. Any material obtained on this site should not be relied upon as a substitute for detailed advice.