Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP) —Skilled Workers
The Alberta Provincial Nominee Program (AINP) is a government immigration program that seeks individuals who can demonstrate that they have the qualifications and aspiration to immigrate and settle, along with their families, in Alberta.
Applicants may choose to apply to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) through one of the following streams:
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
|Self-Employed Farmer Category|
Strategic Recruitment Stream
|Post-Graduate Worker Category|
|Engineering Occupations Category|
|Compulsory Trades Category|
|Skilled Worker Category|
|International Graduate Category|
|Semi-Skilled Worker Category|
Employer- Driven Stream
In order to be accepted through the Alberta PNP Employer Driven Stream, applicants must already have an authorized job offer from an employer located in Alberta while complying to one of the three subcategories:
Skilled Worker Category
- Must have gained a permanent, full-time job offer in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, B) from an employer located in Alberta;
- Must have obtained applicable education, training, previous work experience or any Alberta licensing necessary to be successful in the occupation.
Additional criteria— Early Childhood Educators and Child Care Staff
- Possess a valid work permit under the NOC code 4212 while living in Alberta;
- Received a high school education;
- Have been awarded certification of Child Development Worker (Level 2) or Child Development Supervisor (Level 3) through Alberta Human Services-Child Care Staff Certification Office;
- Must have been working in Alberta for at least 6 months under a pre/accredited daycare program or family day home agency prior to application.
International Graduate Category
- Must have received an offer for a permanent, full-time occupation valid under NOC 0, A, B or C from an employer located in Alberta;
- Completed formal education and/or applicable training necessary to be successful in that position;
- Graduated from a post-secondary institution in Canada;
- If employed under an NOC C occupation, applicant must demonstrate ability to meet the minimum English language requirements
Semi-Skilled Worker Category
- Must have received an offer for a permanent, full-time occupation or are currently employed in one of the following industries: Food and beverage processing / Hospitality and lodging /Manufacturing /Long-haul trucking /Food Services;
- Must have formal education and/or received proper training necessary to be successful in that position;
- If working in industries I, II, III or V, applicants must have previously gained 3 years of relevant work experience.
Strategic Recruitment Stream
Applicants are not required to have a job offer in order to qualify under the Alberta PNP Strategic Recruitment Stream. This stream includes the following three categories:
Compulsory Trades Category
- Obtained valid trade certificate in a Compulsory or Optional Trade with Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) as well as present a letter of invitation from AIT to apply to the AINP;
- Must currently be employed OR have been employed for at least 6 months within the last 2 years in your trade by an employer in Alberta
Engineering Occupations Category
- Receive education, training and experience as an engineer, designer, or drafter in an authorized AINP engineering occupation;
- Must be currently working or have been working in Alberta within the last 2 years (either directly or on contract) for an acknowledged, reputable and well-established Alberta Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Company in Alberta AND/OR for a company in Alberta that is a member of the Consulting Engineers of Alberta;
- Possess a position included in the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream – Engineering Occupations List.
Post-Graduate Worker Category
- Must have completed a minimum of one year in an education program from an AINP approved Alberta public and private post-secondary institution;
- Be employed in a profession under NOC 0, A, B, or C within Alberta
To find out about your eligibility, please contact one of our immigration specialists.
- Phone: +1 (604) 636 – 4618
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or take a Free Online Assessment through our website, we will contact you within 24 hours upon your request!