Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)— Business Immigration
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is a provincially established program that allows the Government of Manitoba to elect and recruit foreign individuals who are outstanding candidates able to contribute to Manitoba’s economy. The two immigration streams included in the MPNP include skilled workers and business investors.
The Provincial Nominee Business Program recruits and nominates exceptional business people residing outside of the country who are interested in relocating to Manitoba with the intention to start or purchase a business, farm or partner in an already existing operation.
“Important Notice: New applications under MPNP-B will be advised to apply either through the Expression of Interest (EOI) process or directly by the MPNP-B.”
The following are the requirements of this program:
- Must confirm a minimum personal net worth of $350,000 CDN
- Must have acquired at least 3 years of relevant experience in business ownership in a senior management role within a profitable company
- Must score a minimum of 60 points
In addition to these requirements, the applicant must also:
- Attend an interview with a MPNP Business Immigration Officer
- Invest a minimum of $150,000 CDN of equity in Manitoba; or if an Investment is into an existing business, the Nominee must control at least 33.33% of the equity, or make a minimum CDN$1 million equity investment in the business. In addition, a redemption option should not be included in terms of investment
- Reside in Manitoba with dependant family members
The applicant may have to:
- Undergo an exploratory visit to Manitoba with the objective to gain a well-documented assessment of potential business opportunities and general knowledge of the province.
- Provide the results of language proficiency.
Once the applicant’s nomination has been approved by the province of Manitoba, he or she must make a $100,000 CDN deposit to the Government of Manitoba as validation of the intent to start or purchase a business or farm in Manitoba within two years of receiving permanent residency and arriving in the province. Please note that the deposit will be returned to the applicant once an investment is made and the business or farm is in operation while living in Manitoba.
To find out about your eligibility, please contact one of our immigration specialists.
- Phone: +1 (604) 636 – 4618
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or take a Free Online Assessment through our website, we will contact you within 24 hours upon your request!