Live-in caregivers refer to those who have the appropriate qualifications to care for children, the elderly or persons with disabilities while residing in private homes and given little supervision. At the time of the employment, live-in caregivers must live in the private home of their employer.
Employers as well as employees must ensure that they meet all requirements and criteria of the Live-In Caregiver Program. Participation in the Live-In Caregiver Program is essential to eligibly work as a live-in caregiver in Canada and receive a work permit.
Requirements of the Live-In Caregiver Program:
- Must be granted a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from an employer located in Canada;
- Must provide a written contract signed by both you and the employer;
- Receive a minimum of 6 months training or acquire 1 year of full-time paid work experience as a either a caregiver or in a related field within the past 3 years (must have been employed by a single employer for at least 6 months);
- Must have a workable knowledge of the English or French language;
- Obtain a work permit prior to entering Canada
To find out about your eligibility, please contact one of our immigration specialists.
- Phone: +1 (604) 636 – 4618
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or take a Free Online Assessment through our website, we will contact you within 24 hours upon your request!