Eligibility to study in Canada

“Important Notice: Starting  June 16, 2014, Only Designated Learning Institution can accept international students, the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number must be indicated on the updated study permit application forms. Previous versions of the study permit application will still be accepted, but only until July 15, 2014.”


  • Must have been previously accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada;
  • Must present evidence of assess to the proper sufficient financial means to pay for tuition fees, living expenses and return transportation costs;
  • Must be in good health and without a criminal record;
  • Must be able to provide enough evidence to convince an immigration officer that you will be leaving Canada upon completion of your studies

Exceptions for study permit

In some occasions, applicants may not require a study permit to obtain an education in Canada. The following are the eligibility requirements to be exempt from requiring a study permit:

  • If the duration of the educational program is short term or less than 6 months;
  • If the applicant is a family member of staff member of a foreign representative to Canada;
  • If the applicant is a member of a foreign armed force as per the Visiting Forces Act;
  • If the applicant is a minor and child of a parent on a work/study permit or is a refugee claimant.


To find out about your eligibility, please contact one of our immigration specialists.

  • Phone: +1 (604) 636 – 4618
  • Email: info@wbiimigration.com
  • or  take a Free Online Assessment through our website, we will contact you within 24 hours upon your request!
Apply Now

Free Online Assessment

Fill out our free online assessment form, we will assess your eligibility based on more than 60 different Canadian immigration programs and send you the result within 24 hours!

Apply Now